POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Pov imitates art : Pov imitates art Server Time
13 Aug 2024 23:19:00 EDT (-0400)
  Pov imitates art
From: Darren Hewson
Date: 6 Jan 2003 15:33:20
Message: <3e19e810@news.povray.org>
Here  is a render I did. Not sure if its finished yet (any advice on how to
make it better much appreciated).

Its inspired by a record (if anyone remembers what they are :-)) sleeve for
Atmosphere by Joy Division (if anyone remembers them :-)). You can see an
image of the sleeve here
http://www.cerysmatic.clara.net/Factory/index.html?joydivision6.html. I
thought it would be fun to try to do this with POV (a 30 hour render later I
was wondering if it was such a good idea).

The sleeve itself is detail from work by an artist called 'Jan van Munster',
whom I know very little about. His site is here http://www.janvanmunster.nl/

Anyway, any comments appreciated.

BTW I rendered this on my laptop, I've never seen it on a real monitor so if
its a little dark thats why, please let me know.

Regards

Darren Hewson

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'PlusEnMin1024x768xAA.1.jpg' (137 KB)

Preview of image 'PlusEnMin1024x768xAA.1.jpg'
PlusEnMin1024x768xAA.1.jpg